BACK TO ONLINE COURSES
The ABC’s of Roller Shade Fabrics
- Sponsor: Hunter Douglas Architectural
- Credits: 1 AIA HSW LU
- Format: One Video Segment
This course gives designers and architects the ABCs of roller shade fabric and outlines how choosing wisely can improve a buildings’ overall performance as well as enhancing occupants’ comfort and productivity. Learn best practices for choosing materials that impact occupant well-being by optimizing daylighting, reducing solar heat gain, and eliminating VOCs.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- List several ways that the five main types of roller shade fabrics differ, and how such differences relate to the soundness of the shading strategies.
- Identify key considerations for roller shades to ensure occupants’ well-being and effective use of interior spaces.
- Match various types of roller shade fabrics to the most appropriate applications, based on building structure, use, and shading objectives.
- Discuss building characteristics that affect shade fabric selection.