Reducing Carbon Emissions Using Aluminum
- Sponsor: Longboard
- Credits: 1 AIA HSW LU
- Format: One Video Segment
This CEU will introduce you to the carbon footprint concept and how material selection can impact it
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Learn how to select materials to reduce construction’s carbon footprint.
- Understand the benefits of aluminum siding when compared to wood, fiber cement, and vinyl.
- Consider the significance of thermal break components to achieve Net Zero and Passive House certification.
- Understand the basics of a circular economy.
- Understand how architects can impact the achievement of the AIA 2030 Commitment.
- Summarize various case study applications.