Rainscreen Systems Made Easy
- Sponsor: STO
- Credits: 1 AIA HSW LU
- Format: One Video Segment
This course presents the History of Rainscreen design and explains why rainscreens are an important topic for the building envelope and enclosures. This course enforces the use of control layers to maximize the use of a drained, backed ventilated rainscreen system performance for both new and existing buildings.
The audience will learn and be able to identify different rainscreen technologies and how a complete approach is beneficial to a building’s performance, by ensuring compatibility among components and understanding the relationship of control layers of the exterior wall assembly for the health and safety of occupants. Lastly, the course will review this approach using real-world rainscreen systems.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Examine the history of rainscreen design and review fundamental rainscreen principles and how they work.
- Identify the rainscreen components and their function to better understand the essence of a rainscreen system.
- Explain how good rainscreen design can impact health, safety, and welfare.
- Explore the complete approach to rainscreen design and summarize the benefits of simplifying the design process.