Designing Automated Shading Systems
- Sponsor: Hunter Douglas Architectural
- Credits: 1 AIA HSW LU
- Format: One Video Segment
In this course, you will learn to identify the impact automated window shading can have on building design, be able to design for the aesthetic requirements of a building, and create occupant well-being (comfort) through automated shading design. This course will help identify the main approaches to automation design to understand what drives cost and technology for the specification of automated systems.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Identify the impact automated shading systems will have on building design
- Specify automated shading systems that support the overall design intent
- Plan occupant well-being and comfort, utilizing automated window shading systems
- Understand the main approaches to automation design