Daylighting and Sustainable Design
- Sponsor: Kalwall
- Credits: 1 AIA LU|HSW
- Division: Openings, Specialties
- Format: One Video Segment
Topics discussed include the origins of translucent daylighting with the structural sandwich panel, considerations in design, enhancement of daylighting techniques, real energy conservation, the eight systems, and opportunities offered in contrast, design, form, and aesthetics. The benefits of diffused natural daylighting on performance, health, productivity, safety, and sustainable design are emphasized. Specialty performance systems including explosion venting, blast resistant, hurricane impact, and OSHA fall through protection is included
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Real Energy Savings, by using Natural Daylight to reduce or eliminate costly artificial lighting systems.
- Use of Specialty Performance Daylighting Systems, resistance to wind borne debris, explosion venting, ATFP, FM.
- Benefits of Diffused Natural Daylighting – Health, Safety, Welfare, and Sustainable Design. How Natural diffused light improves performance.
- Daylighting Techniques – How to get the right amount of light for the function or task to be performed.