AEC Professionals are from Mars and Owners are from Venus
- Sponsor: IMAGINIT
- Credits: 1 AIA LU
- Division: Project Planning & Design
- Format: Three Video Segments
As the title would suggest, what owners want (need) out of their BIM is worlds away from what the architects, engineers and contractors need to build the owner’s building.
This session will discuss BIM-related challenges from both the AEC professional and owner’s perspective. Once an understanding of the unique needs is established, a roadmap can be developed that will enable collaboration through design, construction, commissioning and facilities management.
A hopeful outcome of this session is to shed some light on the challenging task of understanding the differences that will allow for a clear roadmap moving forward. The gap between the AEC side and the owner side needs to be closed to truly take BIM out of this world.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Learning that what owners need from a BIM is very different than what AEC professionals needs from a BIM
- What is needed if your BIM is intended for the complete building lifecycle
- How technology allows for accessing of information from a building model throughout the building lifecycle
- What works for one owner doesn’t work for all owners (Private vs. Government vs. Campus/Institutional)