Achieving Performance and Aesthetics with Engineered Building Enclosure Solutions
- Sponsor: STO
- Credits: 1 AIA LU
- Format: One Video Segment
This course presents a unique approach to designing for performance while achieving aesthetic goals, focusing on engineered systems that provide continuous control layers and connectivity between multiple claddings, and resulting in simplified design and construction processes.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Describe the challenges of designing building enclosures.
- Understand control layers and their impact on building performance.
- Learn how to choose facade and building enclosure solutions designed to overcome design, constructability and project delivery challenges.
- Examine different façade options that can be combined into a beautiful, engineered, building enclosure system.