BACK TO ONLINE COURSES
High Design/Low Carbon™ Residential Design Environmentally Responsive Design, Construction and Operation
- Sponsor: Vectorworks
- Credits: 1 AIA LU
- Format: One Video Segment
This presentation will explore why homes are a critical part of a low carbon future and how to achieve that goal. The technology to make a home highly energy efficient has become close to mainstream, and taking it to the next level, to net zero, is now a very achievable aspiration. But beyond the design and operation energy of a home, the latest aspect that needs to be addressed is the carbon footprint of the material being used in the construction process.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Gain an understanding of the metrics related to high performance and net zero buildings.
- Learn the differences between operational energy use and embodied carbon as well as how to design for these factors.
- Discuss projects that take into account high performance sustainable and net zero design.
- Explain the challenges involved with designing a high performance building will also be reviewed.