Case Studies: Facade Projects Shaping Parking Design Today
- Sponsor: Bendheim
- Credits: 1 AIA HSW LU
- Division: Openings, Specialties
- Format: One Video Segment
Review a series of case studies to explore new facade technologies that improve the user experience, elevate the design of parking structures, and facilitate their evolving role in the cities of tomorrow. Embark on an in-depth study of a new multi-story carpark in Chicago to reveal the key elements of its design-assist process and the resulting high-end, economical facade solution.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Review case studies to identify glass parking facade materials and applications maximizing natural ventilation and daylighting
- Assess the user-experience, safety, and environmental benefits of glass parking facades
- Identify design assist strategies to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Explain the benefits of glass façades to owners and developers, in terms of cost, labor savings, and energy savings