Bird-friendly Glazing Solutions: Understanding the Fundamentals of Safe Design
- Sponsor: Guardian Industries
- Credits: 1 AIA HSW LU
- Division: Project Planning & Design
- Format: One Video Segment
Architecture tells us a great deal about society. In fact, glass and glazing are used to blur the lines between inside and out, helping elevate performance and the experiences of people. Yet while humans can use environmental cues to identify glass as a barrier, there is growing realization that birds cannot.
The solution is bird-friendly glass that delivers on performance, energy efficiency and the needs of people. This course from Guardian Glass is intended to provide the basis for a better understanding of how to recognize issues affecting the bird population while learning about best practices and design fundamentals for smarter, safer buildings.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- The aesthetic versatility of prefabricated exterior walls
- Factors that favor use of prefabricated exterior walls
- How and why projects are often redesigned to incorporate exterior wall prefabrication
- The benefits of exterior wall design assistance in Schematic Design (SD) and Design Development (DD) project stages