A Complete Approach to Rainscreen Design
- Sponsor: STO
- Credits: 1 AIA LU
- Format: One Video Segment
This course presents the complete design approach to rainscreens and explains why rainscreens are an important topic for the building envelope and enclosures. This course enforces the use of control layers to maximize the use of a drained, backed ventilated rainscreen system performance for both new and existing buildings. Audience will learn and be able to identify different rainscreen technologies and how a complete approach is beneficial to a building’s performance, by ensuring compatibility among components and understand the relationship of control layers of the exterior wall assembly for health and safety of occupants. Lastly, the course will review this approach using real-world rainscreen systems.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Examine various rainscreen design and project examples, which illustrates the importance of a complete design approach.
- Identify and describe the various rainscreen technologies and control layers of the building envelope and enclosures.
- Explain the relationship of building performance with health and safety.
- Explore the complete approach to rainscreen design and summarize the importance of compatibility among components within each layer.