« BACK TO ONLINE COURSES
Understanding Window and Door Hurricane Requirements for Your Region
- Sponsor: Al Farooq Corporation
- Credits: 1 AIA Learning Unit (LU)/HSW
- Format: Four Video Segments
This on-demand course is a recorded webinar. The course will provide an introduction to hurricane design criteria and impact requirements for windows and the building envelope. The course will also address how to determine and design for the minimum criteria that are needed to meet your project requirement based on building type and location.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 week to receive your certificate.
- Determine what ASTM tests and test levels are applicable for specific regions for impact protection required in hurricanes prone regions.
- Analyze a test report for product approvals to determine what has been tested, what to look for, and which items are critical for the test reports which are provided to remain applicable to the project and the specific hurricane region.
- Determine if the product information provided meets the minimum hurricane requirements to provide the required levels of protection for your project.
- Review the specific IBC and Florida test standards for impact-resistant glazing systems for commercial and residential applications.