BACK TO ONLINE COURSES
Understanding powder and liquid FEVE coatings for curtainwall and architectural applications
- Sponsor: LUMIFLON
- Credits: 1 AIA Learning Unit (LU)/HSW
- Format: Four Video Segments
This course will review the features and benefits of FEVE fluoropolymer topcoats for bridge and curtainwall applications. The course will examine the various uses on new and existing structures and will detail a number of performance tests both real and accelerated to determine the life of the coatings. Lastly this course will assess the life-cycle costs and sustainability benefits of using FEVE topcoats despite their initial higher cost.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Define FEVE coating technology, and its unique weatherability properties as well as its ease of application and its extended maintenance properties.
- Discuss real-time and accelerated testing of FEVE coatings that demonstrate their proven performance in terms of corrosion resistance, color/gloss retention over extended periods of time.
- Quantify cost and sustainability benefits of FEVE coatings regarding life-cycle and the LEED v4 rating system.
- Discuss guidelines for proper specification and review real-world applications.