« BACK TO ONLINE COURSES
Understanding Architectural Low-E Coatings
- Sponsor: Vitro Architectural Glass
- Credits: 1 LU / HSW
- Format: Four Video Segments
This course will help you understand the solar energy spectrum, common glass performance measures and performance features and benefits of Low-E coatings. You’ll also have a basic understanding of how to prioritize and balance the unique aesthetic and performance needs of your project—no matter how big or small.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 week to receive your certificate.
- The solar energy spectrum and common glass performance measures
- The manufacturing processes for pyrolytic and MSVD low-e coatings
- How passive and solar control low-e coatings differ and can impact glass performance measures
- Commercial energy usage and how low-e coatings can improve energy efficiency and earn LEED® credit contributions