« BACK TO ONLINE COURSES
Understanding Applications of Storefronts, Window Wall and Curtain Wall
- Sponsor: YKK, AP
- Credits: 1 LU
- Format: Distance Learning, 4 video Segments
Storefronts, window walls and curtain walls are all have distinctive differences that dictate where they should be installed on a building. This course looks at performance attributes of each system and shares the basic assembly and installation procedures. This course also explores the latest design concepts to meet more stringent energy codes and reviews which system to specify on your next project.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 week to receive your certificate.
- Compare the performance attributes of each type system and select the optimal system for each project
- Understand how each system handles water penetration and where critical sealant areas are
- Know how each system is properly installed and where field failures are most likely to occur
- Explore new Thermal Strategies to meet ever more stringent energy codes