« BACK TO ONLINE COURSES
The Principles of Glass Selection for Facades
- Sponsor: Guardian Industries
- Credits: 1 LU/HSW
- Format: Distance Learning, 4 video segments
This course will introduce the various glass options for commercial building facades while explaining the different types of glass options. The course will explore the aesthetic and performance differences in low emissivity coatings and explain how to customize glass through color, textures and patterns.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 week to receive your certificate.
- Explore some of the basic choices and options in the selection of glass types for building facades.
- Differentiate between types of safety glass including traditional tempered glass and laminated glass and appraise their uses based upon application.
- Analyze the aesthetics and performance differences found in a variety of low emissivity (Low-E) coatings used on glass.
- Identify various ways to customize glass through color, textures, and patterns and observe how these various products are incorporated into completed buildings.