BACK TO ONLINE COURSES
Innovations in Solid Surface for Ventilated Rainscreen Design
- Sponsor: Corian® Exteriors by DuPont
- Credits: 1 AIA Learning Unit (LU)/HSW
- Format: Four Video Segments
In this course, we review various aspects of solid surface technology such as the production process, features, benefits and design considerations for this versatile material. While most design professionals know solid surface for interiors, this presentation explores the use of the material in exterior cladding applications. In particular, the audience will gain insight into its use as cladding in a ventilated rainscreen design.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Define the types of solid surface materials in the market today to choose the one which best fits their project needs
- Identify traits of a solid surface material in terms of features, benefits, physical/mechanical properties and health/safety considerations
- Discuss designing with solid surface material in terms of shapes, format and color in an exterior cladding application
- Discuss effective ventilated rainscreen design and installation using solid