Glass Entrance Specification: A Review of Hardware, Codes, and Safety
- Sponsor: CRL
- Credits: 1 AIA HSW LU
- Format: One Video Segment
Along with the benefits of glass entrances come unique challenges. This course covers current trends in glass entrance design and key considerations for hardware requirements in all types of buildings.
Participants will receive an overview of specification criteria to ensure entrances comply with safety, accessibility, and performance requirements while meeting the design intent of the project.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records right away. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 weeks to receive AIA credit for the course.
- Review standard glass door styles and glass entrance system applications including storefronts, point-supported glass walls and transoms with floating headers.
- Understand specification criteria to ensure door openings comply with fire, life safety, accessibility, and building code requirements.
- Learn about the current trends that are influencing the future of glass entrances, including larger glass sizes and energy codes.
- Critical considerations related to panic devices, including life safety issues, UL requirements and standards, ANSI/BHMA criteria, occupant loads, and opening force.