« BACK TO ONLINE COURSES
Advanced Green Facade Design Considerations
- Sponsor: greenscreen®
- Credits: 1 LU
- Format: Distance Learning, 8 written segments with images
Over the past two decades, green facade technology has evolved into a viable design component that can provide multiple benefits and aesthetic value to a wide variety of project types. This in depth discussion deals with the required considerations for successful green facade installations and projects. Green facade systems have a history of durability and functionality, compared with other green wall systems, and their inclusion can be cost effective for projects of all scales. By understanding these important considerations designers can include sustainability benefits of green facades into the building and site. This course focuses on designing and specifying green facades.
Note: Certificates of Completion will be emailed in a PDF format for your records. Please allow for up to 3 to 4 week to receive your certificate.
- Make a strong case for the inclusion of green facades as a standard building component on projects based upon relevant and topical issues regarding policy initiatives, energy reduction goals and shading requirements.
- Describe the differences between green facades and living walls, and the differences between 3-dimensional and 2-dimensional green facade systems.
- List and discuss considerations that should be comprehensively addressed during design, installation and post-installation stages of a green facade system.
- Develop an understanding of the components that are necessary to ensure successful installation that fulfills the design intent.